Non-Invasive Prenatal Screening (NIPS)
Below you will find resources to assist healthcare providers in discussing NIPS with patients.
Result Interpretation Guides
- Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome)
- Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome)
- Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)
- Multiple aneuploidies
Sex Chromosome Anomalies
- Monosomy X (Turner syndrome)
- XXY (Klinefelter syndrome)
- Trisomy X (Triple X syndrome)
- XYY (Jacob syndrome)
- 22q11.2 deletion syndrome
- 1p36 deletion syndrome
- 15q11.2 deletion syndrome
- 5p deletion syndrome (Cri du chat syndrome)
- 4p deletion (Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome)
Please remember NIPS is a screening, not a diagnostic, test. False positive and false negative results may occur. Clinical management decisions are the responsibility of the ordering healthcare provider.
For more information about Non-invasive prenatal screening (NIPS), contact PathGroup Client Services at 1.888.474.5227.