PathGroup is an industry leader in the rapidly evolving quest to identify and understand disease at the genetic level. We are focused on delivering the most precise, expert diagnostic information to our physician partners, creating opportunities for personalized medicine and targeted therapies that lead to the best possible patient outcomes.
As the molecular pathology field continues to grow and advance in all directions, new techniques and tests are announced every day. PathGroup is not only selective about our testing menu, but careful to utilize only proven, clinically relevant, advanced technology, so our physician partners and their patients always receive results they can act on with confidence.
Our full service laboratory provides examination and interpretation of specimens for diagnostic, prognostic, predictive and residual disease testing within the following areas:
PathGroup’s core technologies include:
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- Flow Cytometry
- Fluorescence In-situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Chromogenic In-situ Hybridization (CISH)
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- DNA Sequencing
- Array-based Comparative Genomic Hybridization
- High sensitivity and specialty assays
iPath® Comprehensive Assessment
Additionally, PathGroup offers the iPath® Comprehensive Assessment. iPath includes clinical pathology evaluation, bone marrow and/or blood morphology, flow cytometry, cytogentics and/or FISH, and PCR as medically necessary. A consultative review and correlation with all prior findings is performed by a PathGroup Hematopatholgist. iPath provides a concise summary report correlation of all technologies for easy review.
The PathGroup Advantage
Our molecular pathology division provides fast, accurate results to health professionals making vital treatment decisions. Our physician-centric, patient focused approach includes:
- Dedicated team of experienced molecular pathologists; access to a broad group of pathologists representing every subspecialty
- Full-service laboratory, operating 24 hours a day, 365 days per year; extensive courier network
- Rapidly evolving test menu, following the most current NCCN, CAP and ASCO guidelines and recommendations
- Existing contracts with a broad base of insurance payors
- Industry-leading turnaround times
- Centralized testing facility with over 30 dedicated full-time staff in Nashville, Tenn.
- Innovative technology solutions for patients and physicians, including iPhone, iPad and web-based applications
- Quick-response, expert consultation from experienced pathologists
- Medical director services available to hospitals and other laboratories
- Full range of additional clinical and anatomic laboratory services for comprehensive service from a single source
- Patient-friendly billing policies
- Full Suite of Business Solutions, including client assisted billing, TC/PC, and Lab Management
In keeping with our commitment to excellence in pathology and laboratory medicine, we maintain certifications in multiple states, the College of American Pathologists (CAP) as well as the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). Our physician group provides volunteer surveyors for the Laboratory Accreditation Program of the College of American Pathologists, in the of spirit of a peer based, educational approach to inspections.