PathGroup provides academic caliber, state of the art dermatopathology services with a personalized patient focus. As a physician-centric organization, we understand and respect the highly personal nature of the practice of medicine. Our dermatopathologists contact our physician partners directly to discuss difficult and unusual cases for proper clinicopathologic evaluation, providing invaluable information and support for patient care decisions.
The quality of dermatopathology service is one of the most significant factors in determining the quality of care you deliver to your patients, and ultimately patient outcomes. Our dermatology testing menu is built on a core offering of the latest and most accurate in:
- Routine Biopsies
- Histochemical and Immunohistochemical Staining
- Direct Immunofluorescence Testing
- Flow Cytometry
- Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
- Molecular Testing
Our physician-centric, patient focused approach has made PathGroup an industry leader and trusted partner for quality patient care.
- Direct Dermatopathologist consultation readily available; notification in the case of malignant melanoma and other serious conditions
- Direct reporting; clear, accurate and prompt results
- Daily pick-up of specimens
- Industry leading turn-around time on reports
- 24 hours on routine biopsies
- 48-72 hours when special stains required
- Immunohistochemical, Immunofluorescence, and Immunoperoxidase stains performed in-house
- Dermatopathology-specific requisitions
- Clear, concise reporting including color photomicrographs in unusual cases
- Robust Quality Assurance Program, with 5% of cases reviewed retrospectively by a second pathologist
- On-site subspecialty pathology teams providing consultation when necessary at no additional charge
- Innovative technology solutions, including iPad, iPhone and web-based applications
- Full range of additional clinical and molecular laboratory services for comprehensive service from a single source
PathGroup is pleased to announce their recent partnership with Atlanta Dermatopathology in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information about services offered at Atlanta Dermatopathology, click here.