February is American Heart Month
610,000 people in the United States die of heart disease every year, making it the leading cause of death. The most common risk factors of heart disease are high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and smoking. Nearly 50% of Americans, 1 out of 2, have at least one of the risk factors (AHA).
The American Heart Association encourages Americans to understand your risk of heart disease by “knowing your numbers.” CLICK HERE to view a checklist of 7 Ways to a Healthier Heart from the American Heart Association.
PathGroup offers laboratory tests that allow healthcare providers and patients to better understand their risk of developing heart disease. Contact a PathGroup representative to learn more about heart health testing options.
PathGroup’s clinical pathology laboratory is committed to personalized, around-the-clock service, with same-day testing available. Our staff functions as a partner to physician practices, providing expert laboratory interpretation and consultation for the best in patient care. With a local network of professional, regulatory, and technological expertise, PathGroup provides the following clinical laboratory services to our clients:
- General Chemistry
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
- General Immunology
- Medical Drug Screens
- Infectious Disease Testing
- Prenatal Services
- Hormone Testing
- Allergy Testing
The PathGroup Advantage
Our clinical pathology department provides fast, accurate information to physicians making vital decisions about diagnosis and treatment. Our physician-centric, patient focused approach includes:
- Board-certified pathologists in subspecialty areas of clinical pathology
- Fastest turnaround times in the industry: 24 hours for routine tests
- Most results available to attending physicians within 24-48 hours of specimen delivery
- 97% of tests performed in-house, with state-of-the-art equipment
- Easy online ordering and results reporting
- Contracted with more than 100 Managed Care Providers
- Patient-friendly billing policies
- Full Suite of Business Solutions, including client assisted billing and Lab Management
- Innovative technology solutions for patients and physicians, including iPhone, iPad and web-based applications
- The latest in proprietary and industry-standard technology; over 425 live interfaces with more than 50 EHR/EMR providers
- Direct access to pathologists for post-analytical support when ordering follow-up tests
- Client staff members have direct access to expert pre-analytical support when ordering and requesting tests
- Test menu constantly expanding to accommodate client requests and needs
- Personalized, custom panels and reflex rules available; custom notification rules upon request.
- Courier services for specimen pick-up; supplies delivered to our clients on a daily basis
- Quick-response, expert consultation from experienced pathologists
- Medical director services available to hospitals and other laboratories
- Full range of additional anatomic and molecular laboratory services for comprehensive service from a single source
In keeping with our commitment to excellence in pathology, we maintain certifications with the State, College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the Joint Commission as well as the Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA). Our physician group provides volunteer surveyors for the Laboratory Accreditation Program of the CAP.