PathGroup’s Cytopathology offering is led by a team of Board Certified Cytopathologists and highly skilled Cytotechnologists. As a full-service department, we provide routine screening and diagnostic cytopathology services, including gynecologic and non-gynecologic services. Our expert staff examines and interprets specimens to detect a broad range of diseases at the cellular level, providing fast, accurate results from which to determine a course of treatment. We were among the first to offer the ThinPrep® Pap test, and we continue to offer the latest in testing capabilities. Special studies, including Flow Cytometry and Urovysion, are also available.
Cytopathology, used to aid in the diagnosis of cancer, infectious diseases, and inflammatory conditions, is minimally invasive with a low risk of complications to the patient. PathGroup provides a full spectrum of Cytopathology services and our testing menu is built on a core offering of the latest and most accurate in:
- Image guided ThinPrep Pap testing
- HPV and cervical DNA testing from the ThinPrep vial
- Molecular testing for STIs from the ThinPrep vial
Non Gynecologic Cytology
- Urine Cytology
- Breast Cytology
- Pulmonary Cytology
- Thyroid Lesions
- Fine Needle Aspirations
Our physician-centric, patient-focused approach has made PathGroup an industry leader and trusted partner for quality patient care.
- Dedicated Cytopathology team of Board-Certified Cytopathologists and experienced Cytotechnologists
- Less than 1% unsatisfactory rate on Paps
- Automated image analysis of the ThinPrep® Pap test.
- Fast turnaround times on routine tests: 24-48 hours
- The latest in molecular testing capabilities to detect the most common forms of STIs, all from one patient sample
- On-site subspecialty pathology teams providing consultation when necessary at no additional charge
- Personal service with direct physician consultation as needed; direct contact upon unsuspected malignancies
- Clear, concise reporting, including mapping
- Full range of additional anatomic, clinical and molecular laboratory services for comprehensive service from a single source
- Convenient, automated MyResultsPAP™ messaging service for Pap patients
- Innovative technology solutions, including iPad, iPhone and web-based applications